PAES Family Packs
Earlier this week we had a very special assembly in which all of our students were sorted into Family Packs.
Each group or pack is represented by an animal and a color. At our assembly we learned how these animals all model the 5C’s and demonstrate collaboration, leadership and teamwork. The overall purpose of our Family Packs is to build our school community and help students feel more connected.
Research shows that students who have multiple connections in school and who feel a genuine sense of belonging have higher self-esteem and are more likely to reach their full potential.
These Family Packs will provide opportunities for students to:
- Explore new leadership roles
- Become a mentor or be mentored by another student
- Develop new friendships
- Work together with a diverse group
- Play games
- Worship and celebrate together
- Grow spiritually and socially
- Practice the 5C’s
The Family Packs and their colors are as follows:
- Wolves – purple (Mr. Hunter, Pack Leader)
- Orcas – white (Ms. Waagen, Pack Leader)
- Honeybees – orange (Mrs. Neely, Pack Leader)
- Meerkats – pink (Mrs. King, Pack Leader)
- Ducks – yellow (Mrs. Stinson, Pack Leader)
- Ants – black (Ms. Swarner, Pack Leader)
- Lions – red (Mrs. Ross, Pack Leader)
- Elephants – gray (Mrs. Hunter, Pack Leader)
- Chimpanzees – green (Mrs. Fresse, Pack Leader)
- Dolphins - blue (Mrs. Gainer, Pack Leader)
There will be multiple opportunities throughout the year for students to show their Family Pack spirit and starting next Friday, the Packs will meet every other week to play games and do activities.
This is an exciting new tradition at PAES and we are looking forward to a fun-filled year!!!